SvenskaKJ is committed to minimising its impact on the environment. However, we also believe that style does not need to be compromised and that an effective balance can be achieved through Environmental Sustainable Design (ESD).
As Jenkins, UK trend and colour forecaster contends today, the design challenge is “to balance innovation, functionality and environmental management”.
We understand that the world’s resources are limited and that manufacturing processes and artificial dyes and yarns contribute greatly to pollution.
Sourcing our fabrics from like-minded suppliers, our major suppliers are ISO14,001 and ISO9,001 accredited. We work closely with environmental bodies such as Green Building Council Australia, Eco Specifier, Oeko Tex and EU Ecolabel to ensure that we are fully compliant.
Here are some of the ways in which we are addressing the environmental impact of our activities:
– Showing a preference for renewable natural fibres, such as wool.
– Attention to durability to maximise product life and reduction in wastage.
– Research and preference for products that surpass environmental standards.
– Acquiring suppliers with ISO 14000 environmental accreditation.
– Recycling waste wherever possible, both in the warehouse and office areas.
– Exercising energy management to reduce production of greenhouse gases.
– Efficient use of freight to minimise transportation footprint.
– Focus on lasting quality and recyclable fabrics to avoid land fill.
– Innovative ideas for fabric waste recycling such as clothing and cushions.